Karl Lagerfeld addresses Adele fury
Karl Lagerfeld has responded to the frenzy surrounding his recent comments about British singer Adele’s weight — exclusively to Metro International. Lagerfeld, who served as the global guest editor of this newspaper on Tuesday, told us: “I’d like to say to Adele that I am your biggest admirer. Sometimes when you take a sentence out of the article it changes the meaning of the thought. What I said was in relation to Lana Del Rey and the sentence has since been taken out of context from how it was originally published. I actually prefer Adele, she is my favorite singer and I am a great admirer of her. I lost over 30 kilos over 10 years ago and have kept it off. I know how it feels when the press is mean to you in regards to your appearance. Adele is a beautiful girl. She is the best. And I can’t wait for her next CD.”
Lagerfeld was quoted as calling the singer “a little bit fat” in response to a question about singer Lana Del Rey. The controversial statement made headlines worldwide.
Like ons dan even op Facebook. Dat is zo gepiept!
- Deelneemster (25) overleden na Damloop11:04
- Dronken dokter rijdt door na aanrijding10:49
- Tientallen misbruiken toegang persoonsgegevens10:29
- Voormalig vrouw krijgt baby van voormalig man10:19
- Zondagtip: Djemaa el Fna – Eetplein Rotterdam10:00
- Cameraman SBS6 aangevallen bij verkeerscontrole 01009:45
- Populaire postzegels: de beste op een rij 09:39
- Nouri maakt aandoenlijke vlog over debuut bij Ajax09:29
- Man die vijf doden maakte in winkelcentrum opgepakt09:09
- Noodverordening om jongeren in Maassluis22:54