Karl Lagerfeld addresses Adele fury
Karl Lagerfeld has responded to the frenzy surrounding his recent comments about British singer Adele’s weight — exclusively to Metro International. Lagerfeld, who served as the global guest editor of this newspaper on Tuesday, told us: “I’d like to say to Adele that I am your biggest admirer. Sometimes when you take a sentence out of the article it changes the meaning of the thought. What I said was in relation to Lana Del Rey and the sentence has since been taken out of context from how it was originally published. I actually prefer Adele, she is my favorite singer and I am a great admirer of her. I lost over 30 kilos over 10 years ago and have kept it off. I know how it feels when the press is mean to you in regards to your appearance. Adele is a beautiful girl. She is the best. And I can’t wait for her next CD.”
Lagerfeld was quoted as calling the singer “a little bit fat” in response to a question about singer Lana Del Rey. The controversial statement made headlines worldwide.
Like ons dan even op Facebook. Dat is zo gepiept!
- Slaapmutsje: Marie Madoré22:59
- 3-jarige bedankt hulpverleners die zijn leven redden22:54
- Man maakt wandeling van vijf maanden door VS22:04
- Scriptie over nepreis naar Azië blijkt plagiaat21:59
- Donald als nazi niet langer verboden in Rusland21:44
- Cool: slapen in twee landen tegelijk21:04
- Politie verwart donuts met crystal meth20:24
- Bruinvis gespot in grachten Den Helder19:19
- Oma in tranen van ontroering door verjaardagscadeau18:59
- Vier gevallen van zikavirus in Florida18:44