Karl Lagerfeld addresses Adele fury
Karl Lagerfeld has responded to the frenzy surrounding his recent comments about British singer Adele’s weight — exclusively to Metro International. Lagerfeld, who served as the global guest editor of this newspaper on Tuesday, told us: “I’d like to say to Adele that I am your biggest admirer. Sometimes when you take a sentence out of the article it changes the meaning of the thought. What I said was in relation to Lana Del Rey and the sentence has since been taken out of context from how it was originally published. I actually prefer Adele, she is my favorite singer and I am a great admirer of her. I lost over 30 kilos over 10 years ago and have kept it off. I know how it feels when the press is mean to you in regards to your appearance. Adele is a beautiful girl. She is the best. And I can’t wait for her next CD.”
Lagerfeld was quoted as calling the singer “a little bit fat” in response to a question about singer Lana Del Rey. The controversial statement made headlines worldwide.
Like ons dan even op Facebook. Dat is zo gepiept!
- Dronken automobilist rijdt achtertuin in17:19
- Hoe overleeft een inwoner van Aleppo?17:04
- Recensent kritisch op serie, maar zat zelf verkeerd 16:14
- Meer dan 150.000 Thai zingen volkslied voor Bhumibol15:44
- Wat is het probleem met CETA?15:09
- Gedrag Bob Dylan is „onbeleefd en arrogant"14:04
- Nederlander ontsnapt twee keer aan dood in Irak13:34
- Geen treinen naar Rotterdam Stadion met klassieker13:04
- 'Straks rijdt Verstappen nog iemand de hekken in'12:54
- Klant krijgt gratis eten na verstandige beslissing12:19