Karl Lagerfeld addresses Adele fury
Karl Lagerfeld has responded to the frenzy surrounding his recent comments about British singer Adele’s weight — exclusively to Metro International. Lagerfeld, who served as the global guest editor of this newspaper on Tuesday, told us: “I’d like to say to Adele that I am your biggest admirer. Sometimes when you take a sentence out of the article it changes the meaning of the thought. What I said was in relation to Lana Del Rey and the sentence has since been taken out of context from how it was originally published. I actually prefer Adele, she is my favorite singer and I am a great admirer of her. I lost over 30 kilos over 10 years ago and have kept it off. I know how it feels when the press is mean to you in regards to your appearance. Adele is a beautiful girl. She is the best. And I can’t wait for her next CD.”
Lagerfeld was quoted as calling the singer “a little bit fat” in response to a question about singer Lana Del Rey. The controversial statement made headlines worldwide.
Like ons dan even op Facebook. Dat is zo gepiept!
- Slaapmutsje: Johanne Kervella23:30
- EasyJet-vlucht rechtsomkeert door ruzie cabin crew22:59
- Held van Nice krijgt nieuwe scooter22:54
- Aanval met kruisboog kost drie mensen het leven22:24
- Verkiezingsprogramma PVV past op 1 A4'tje21:39
- Bartho Braat: Robinson is een heel gemeen programma21:30
- We zijn begonnen!21:09
- Seal nodigt straatmuzikant Poppy uit tijdens concert20:49
- Gouden Maaike: ‘Van deze cheque op vakantie'20:44
- Esther paste op dieren van Bertie tijdens Robinson20:30