Karl Lagerfeld addresses Adele fury
Karl Lagerfeld has responded to the frenzy surrounding his recent comments about British singer Adele’s weight — exclusively to Metro International. Lagerfeld, who served as the global guest editor of this newspaper on Tuesday, told us: “I’d like to say to Adele that I am your biggest admirer. Sometimes when you take a sentence out of the article it changes the meaning of the thought. What I said was in relation to Lana Del Rey and the sentence has since been taken out of context from how it was originally published. I actually prefer Adele, she is my favorite singer and I am a great admirer of her. I lost over 30 kilos over 10 years ago and have kept it off. I know how it feels when the press is mean to you in regards to your appearance. Adele is a beautiful girl. She is the best. And I can’t wait for her next CD.”
Lagerfeld was quoted as calling the singer “a little bit fat” in response to a question about singer Lana Del Rey. The controversial statement made headlines worldwide.
Like ons dan even op Facebook. Dat is zo gepiept!
- Passagiers niet te spreken over Harmony of the Seas11:59
- Moeder geeft zoontje straf: hete peper tussen billen11:24
- Ophef over tweets oud-Hoofdpiet Erik van Muiswinkel10:54
- Rotterdam verdubbelt elektrische laadpunten 10:38
- Deze baby lijkt bizar veel op Gordon Ramsay10:34
- Minder zwartrijders op Rotterdam CS met poortjes10:18
- 5 x Burgerrestaurants om vanavond te gaan happen10:14
- Kruijswijk ondanks blessure van start in Giro10:09
- Man deelt beelden ongeluk dat dochtertjes verlamde09:59
- HC Rotterdam vestigt record met grootste training09:51